Wednesday, July 16, 2008

"When I Change My Mind, I Change My Destiny, My Money and My Power"

I truly believe that the more we know, the more we grow: mind, body and soul.

Who we are and who we believe we are - as Memphians, Tennesseans, Americans, and members of the Human Race have always been a developing journey and adventure in life. We all have to begin to merge our true identity with the perceived realities of our own existence.

Since time and memorial, women have had to struggle with the misperception that having beauty and brains could not co-exist in the same anatomy.

For centuries, women have had to accent who they are and why they are with external extras that accented their beauty only, while having to prove to the world, that they were and are worthy of glamour and intelligence simultaneously.

I know all too well that beauty and brains can and does co-exist in the embodiment of every woman and continues to exist with women across this city, county, state, nation and the world.

The belief that, “When I Change My Mind, I Change My Destiny, My Money and My Power,” does not apply to the male species of the universe only, but has always resided powerfully in women, since the beginning of time.

So, as women move forward toward their already existing greatness and more towards their untapped gifts and purposes, they are choosing to listen more and more to their inner woman that knows that women are phenomenal and that a woman’s greatest asset is her mind.

I also believe, that “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” Martin Luther King, Jr.

I am sure that having courage under fire and the inner spirit to believe that tomorrow will be better than today – continues to be the hallmark of men in this city, county, state, nation and around the globe.

I have a confidence and a rich understanding that men of greatness will continue to endeavor with all deliberate speed to achieve excellence for themselves, their families and their communities.

Most of us have more worth and value than we are truly aware of. We sometimes journey through life, hoping and praying for that magical moment and time to appear, when the discovery of our greatness will manifest itself towards us. I believe that moment is now!

I believe that our true greatness is within us and having that belief will lead us to our true purpose and destiny on earth.

When we choose to believe the best in ourselves and the best in our future; we can help others to believe and achieve their own personal greatness and purpose.

We are… who we think we are! “When We Change Our Mind, We Change Our Destiny, Our Money and Our Power.”

Tony Todde'

2 comments:

Ashley Kay said...

Tony, what a pleasure to stumble upon this magnificent entry. It's true, it's all in our head. I wish more people would acknowledge that, but I guess we all have our own learning pace.

The Tony Todde' Blogg said...

Thank you Allison Kay...Pass the word!